HoverMatt® Single‑Patient Use Link
A More Comfortable Patient Experience
The HoverMatt® Single-Patient Use (SPU) Link features all of the trusted benefits of the original HoverMatt SPU combined with unique connecting straps that attach to the bed frame. The connecting straps reduce the need for boosting and improve patient comfort.
The HoverMatt SPU Link is safe to leave under patients for all-day care, including transfers, boosting, turning and positioning. Our independent laboratory testing shows that the highly breathable HoverMatt SPU has elevated evaporative properties that help to maintain the ideal microclimate, are compatible with low air loss surfaces, reduce friction and shear during transfers and positioning, and redistribute pressure.
By virtually eliminating injuries related to lateral transfers and positioning, the HoverMatt significantly helps to improve staff satisfaction and retention, while reducing direct and indirect workers’ compensation costs. The HoverMatt also provides patients with a more comfortable and dignified experience as it eliminates friction and reduces skin shear, improving patient satisfaction.
- Product Manuals
- English HoverMatt Manual
Benefits of the HoverMatt SPU Link include:
- Air-assisted technology reduces force required to move patient by 80-90%, requiring fewer caregivers for improved staff efficiency, safety and comfort during transfers
- Highly breathable fabric allows for greater moisture vapor exchange to promote the ideal microclimate and support pressure injury prevention
- Velcro® connecting straps keep the SPU Link in place on the bed
- Inflated mattress cradles the patient while moving them in a stable position, eliminating friction and reducing skin shear while providing maximum comfort to the patient
- Velcro patient safety straps allow the patient to feel secure and at ease; they also function as additional connecting straps to facilitate patient egress
- HT-Air® air supply (sold separately) provides a variable speed airflow safety feature that allows caregivers to check patient’s position before full inflation, while providing a quieter and more gradual inflation for sensitive or anxious patients and those in pain
- Supports Safe Patient Handling recommendations and guidelines for increased healthcare worker safety from OSHA, AORN, NAON, NIOSH and ANA